adbrite ads

Your Ad Here
Your Ad Here

tickers

$IN

amazon

Sunday, June 17, 2007

SAYING GOODBYE TO MY FRIENDS AT
WPIX TV NEW YORK CITY


Its a bittersweet moment for me tonight. I have been working at WPIX-TV in New York for the last 10 1/2 years. My first childhood memories was being in front of the TV set in East Harlem N.Y. watching cartoons on Channel 11 along with the Honeymooners, Perry Mason, Yankee Baseball, Abbot and Costello, The Three Stooges, The Little Rascals, and so on. That I got to work there on the air and become part of that history was huge for me. No one was happier. I had no complaints. I not only loved my job but i adored the people i worked with.

But in life curve balls are thrown. Because of circumstances beyond my control I wound up on the outside looking in. My job was given to someone else with me still in it! And while i was in free fall along comes an opportunity to go across the street at WNBC-TV and back to where i started in my first job some 27 years ago when i was a young meteorologist assistant producer on the Today show for Willard Scott!

So i say goodbye tonight to some really great people and a really great life experience and on to a new adventure. I will never forget these 10 plus years. I have been very blessed and very lucky that God brought some outstanding people into my life. I shall never forget it.

5 comments:

rtt470 said...

Say it so, Joe!!!
Mr Cioffi,
Sorry to see you leaving CW. You are truly a professional in your field(and accurate as anyone I have seen)Hope to still hear you on the radio on 101.5.
Long time fan. See you on NBC. Home again
RT in NJ
rtt470@comcast.net

joewxman said...

thank you....next saturday on wnbc 6 and 11 pm

Anonymous said...

Best of luck Joe with your new endeavor.

Elizzabetty said...

I've been a fan of yours since your News 12 days. Sorry to see you leave Channel 11, but so glad that you'll be on WNBC! Best wishes!

Anonymous said...

Best to you, Joe!
Carlos