adbrite ads

Your Ad Here
Your Ad Here

tickers

$IN

amazon

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Again sorry for the lack of posts but my life is in a bit of a mess this week working 2 jobs at once plus a colonoscopy appointment! Isn't that fabulous. MLPS closed up today but we do have another offering for Energy Transfer Partners (ETP) on the order of 7 million units and DCP Midstream had their ratings downgraded by Fitch whcih may or many not mean anything. Oneok (OKS) keeps the quarterly distribution at 1.08. I should get back to some semblence of normalcy Thursday and Friday.

1 comment:

jcarroll1948 said...

Cost basis question for any experienced MLP owner(s). Just finished going through my first tax season with MLP Schedule K-1's. TurboTax Premier makes dealing with the K-1's easy for the tax return; however, I am now trying to figure out my new cost basis for the MLPs I own. Per the K-1 instructions, one's new cost basis is computed via the "Worksheet for Adjusting the Basis of a Partner's Interest in the Partnership" on page 2 of the instructions. There is a lot of accountant-eze to deal with on this worksheet, calling for figures that, at least to me, do not jump out from the documents provided by the MLP. Is there an easy/simple method of figuring the new cost basis (that would survive an audit)? Something like using the figures in the "Partner's capital account analysis" provided in box L of the Schedule K-1? Any help will be greatly appreciated and, I suspect, useful to others.
Thanks,
JCarroll