adbrite ads

Your Ad Here
Your Ad Here

tickers

$IN

amazon

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

No news and no upgrades or downgrades so far this morning. Enterprise GP continues to make market purchases of Energy Transfer Equity (ETE) as they have been on a regular basis over the last few weeks.

Crude down just under 2 bucks and stock futures up 4 points on the S&P. I may be wrong but i am looking for weakness to take over as the day wears on especially in energy...and especially in big energy. Interesting day ahead.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So let me get this straight-oil rallies and MLP's DO NOT participate in the up move, but if oil falls we WILL participate in the down move???

Tell me again why I buy MLP's please!

Anonymous said...

The MLP asset class is an orphan. Nobody gives a damn about these things, there is no momentum, no natural buyers, they just drift around. For almost a year now these things have done absolutely nothing.

Oil up, MLP's go nowhere
Product prices up, MLP's go nowhere
Natgas up, MLP's go nowhere
Volumes up, MLP's go nowhere
Distributions up, ditto

Now when oil implodes, I fully expect that MLP's will selloff hard.

Under what circumstances do we make money in these things?

Anonymous said...

MLP's just trade like sh*t. There is no liquidity. They can drop 10% on a dime with nobody willing to step in and buy, regardless of the fundamental outlook.

I agree with the poster, they are orphans.

Anonymous said...

I feel your pain but, its all a matter of timing. I've been busyily buying 2 months ago and I'm now a happy camper. Couldn't resist thos tax deferred yields. CEP yielding 13.7% at my purchase, similarly for line, eroc, bwp, atn.

Reading tee leaves