adbrite ads

Your Ad Here
Your Ad Here

tickers

$IN

amazon

Tuesday, January 20, 2009



A NEW ERA (ERROR?) BEGINS



Okay so we have a new President as of 12 noon today. Coverage and a flowing list of news items can be found here. Also we have left leaning coverage from the Huffington Post where the "we shall overcome crown" gathers to announce "we are all inauguarated today" while the Daily Beast adds its own perspective on all this. And i recommend liveblogging at Althouse who adds a very smart perspective on today's events. All of this will overshadow today's return to trading after a 3 day weekend. Crude oil is down to 34 dollars and heading toward 30. Stock futures are down but not out this morning and i would guess the market will probably try to rally today at some point.

Quicksilver Gas (KGS) has increased its distribution to 37 cents and thats not bad for a 10 dollar mlp. News was announced yesterday so we'll see what if any reaction occurs today. Nothing else on the newsfront this morning and nothing is on the upgrade downgrade list. MLPS have been outperforming the overall market since the end of December and i expect that to continue.

8 years of the Bush Era has ended. I am a lifelong republican. I voted for Obama. I voted for Obama because the republican party abandoned their principals completely. George Bush stood by while the economy burned and for that i will not forgive. I voted Obama becaused i'm pissed off. I wish him well. He needs to fix something that no one person can fix. I am at heart an optimistic person and i think the brains in this country will figure it out. But it may still be a long and painful process. But with Obama...there is light! And there are a few things you need to know in order to maneuver through the next 4 years.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sadly, I can't recall a time in the past 20 years or so when I have voted for a canditate; I always vote against who I perceive is the lesser of two evils. I'm sure a lot of other people could make similiar claims.

That said, I wish Obama the best. He is inhereting catastrophic problems on virtually every front and lord knows we can't afford any more missteps. I've never been more worried about this country than I am right now.

Lee